- Provide the student with an overview of currently used analog and digital communication methods and their relative advantages and disadvantages.
- Introduce the student to the component parts of currently used analog and digital communication systems.
- Provide the student with the ability to describe the function of communication system components mathematically and graphically using both time-domain and frequency-domain tools.
- Provide the student with the ability to apply prerequisite engineering and mathematics tools to the conceptual design of communication systems and the quantitative analysis of their performance.
- Design build and deploy various communication systems.