Type II: Presentation, Leadership and Training Awards
Type II awards are for presenting papers at conferences, educational/training workshops or programs, or for attending professional meetings because the faculty member holds significant leadership responsibilities in the organization sponsoring the meeting (e. g. president, vice-president, program chair, etc.). Proposals will be accepted on a continuing basis, and they will be reviewed at monthly meetings of the Committee.
If two (or more) Wilkes faculty are coauthors on a presentation funding will be awarded to the author making the presentation. Due to the limited nature of the Committee's funds, the maximum award that any faculty member may receive for any academic year is $2,000.00.
A faculty member may request support for two conferences held at different times in one proposal, or a faculty member may submit one or more proposals for different conferences, but the total amount of support that the FDC can provide to any one faculty member for the academic year is $2,000.00.
In the unlikely event that the FDC ends the year with extra funds, the Committee will inform the faculty at the last faculty meeting of the academic year or through the Web and solicit proposals from faculty who have unmet financial needs caused by attending a conference. Coauthors who attend a meeting but do not present are eligible to apply for FDC funds left over at this time. Similarly, because of the limited funds available, Type II proposals for attending workshops or other training activities without making a presentation will also only be considered at the final meeting of the academic year.
Type II Proposals are due prior to each meeting (see meeting schedule) and will be evaluated at the monthly FDC meeting held during the second Tuesday of each month. Awards will be announced within a week following the meeting.
1. Proposals should be submitted in the form of a memorandum to the FDC. They should state the meeting that will be attended, what will be done at the meeting, and a budget detailing expenses that will be incurred (see below). The proposal should also account for how departmental faculty development funds have been used.
2. Documentation of airfares, registration fees, and other expenses * A detailed, itemized Project Budget to include, where applicable, registration fees, travel expenses, and other items. Include as "other funding" resources from departmental development funds and other university or external funds.
3. Per NEW University rules, if the faculty member has already completed the activity and is requesting reimbursement, he/she is required to fill out a "Travel Reimbursement Form." You can fill out the form by going to the Wilkes portal (mywilkes.wilkes.edu), clicking on the Administrative tab, and clicking on "Accounts Payable." Then click on "Travel Reimbursement Form." When a new window appears, click on "Travel Reimbursement Form" again. In an Excel document, the form will appear. Please fill out your name, address, and WIN, and travel documentation. I will fill out the rest. Failure to fill out this form will prolong the reimbursement process.
A sample budget format follows.
3. The following should be appended to the proposal:
4. Once the applicant is notified that the grant has been awarded, the awardee must then deliver original receipts and a completed and signed travel reimbursement form to Ms. Ann Marie Kline (x3349), Compliance Coordinator, Office of Sponsored Programs, 305 Bedford Hall (swipe access only).
This Page was last update: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 12:25:01 PM
This site is using the Blue Comet 1.1 theme.