Laurie Frink designed part one and three of my practice routine specifically for me.
Buzzing Lips, Mouthpiece
Bai Lin - #1, #2, #3, #4 - 88 first time and 176 second time
6 Notes (repeat)
Chromatic Scale - C to F# (above high C)
Harmonics - (quarter notes) to the 12th (F#)
Upper Register - Arpeggios
Recovery - low F#'s (two)
Big Band Lead Trumpet Charts - Buddy Rich, Duke Ellington, Thad Jones/Mel Lewis, Glenn Miller, Count Basie, Charles Mingus, Stan Kenton
Maynard Ferguson's The "Medley"
Laurie Frink designed this routine specifically for me to be played before a rehearsal or a performance.
Clarke Technical Studies - Second Study - Circle of Fourths
When I studied with Laurie Frink on a consistent basis for two years, this was my routine.
Laurie Frink designed parts one and two of my practice routine specifically for me. John McNeil designed part four of my practice routine.
- High Notes - Intervals/Chords
- Big Band Lead Charts - Benny Goodman, Buddy Rich,
Duke Ellington, Thad Jones/Mel Lewis, Glenn Miller,
Count Basie, Charles Mingus, Stan Kenton
- Jim Snidero's Jazz Conceptions Etudes
- Classical Concertos/Sonatas (on rotating basis)- Bohme: Concerto in F Minor (first movement), Kent Kennan: Sonata For Trumpet And Piano (first movement), J.G.B. Neruda: Concerto in E-flat (first movement), and Hummel: Concerto in E-flat (first movement)
- Ear Training
- Memorizing Solos
- Clarke Technical Studies
- John McNeil's The Art of Jazz Trumpet
- Bugs Bower's Rhythms Complete
- Charlier Etudes
- Chase Sanborn's Jazz Tactics - reading material
- Charlie Parker: Charlie Parker Omnibook - B-flat
This Page was last update: Friday, February 8, 2019 at 5:58:06 PM
This page was originally posted: 4/14/04; 8:41:46 PM.
Copyright 2020 Janell Carter
This site is using the Blue Comet 1.1 theme.