Dr. Youyu Phillips

Introduction
2010photos
2005SummerPhotos
Photos2008
Photos2012
2011Photos
Florida&Halloween
Photos2009
Photos2006
2013Photos
Photos2007
2004SummerPhotos
CHINESE
Discussion
Recent Discussion
Create New Topic

Membership

Login

Welcome to my Manila site!

2005SummerPhotos!

Today is Wednesday, 10/17/2018.

Below I posted some photos taken in the summer of 2005 including the trips to Colorado, New York, Washington, D.C. and China.

DeanYouyuBhoem.jpg:
    left: Dean Charlotte Ravaioli. Right: President Edward Boehm.

COOP:

I visited my student Megan who was taking the Cooperative Education course and worked at Marian Community Hospital on May 27. Her work supervisors, Patty and Patra were on the left.

BouncieRoy:
    Roy and Bouncie were at home in Scranton on May 29.

ColoradoRockyMountain.jpg:
    I was invited by the Educational Testing Services to grade College Board AP Calculus Exams in Fort Collins between June 1 and June 9. In the evening of June 5, we visited the Rocky Mountain in Colorado.

RoyNewYork.jpg:
    On June 16, we went to New York and applied for our visas from the Chinese Consulate.

RoyIvanParty:
    My son Roy was attending a cook-out party at the home of his friend Ivan on June 18.

RoyMJ:
    Roy was floating in the swimming pool of Ivan's family on June 18.

LynnSusanRoyYouyuWCEE.jpg:
    I attended June 23 WCEE (US Women's Council on Energy and the Environment) meeting in Washington,D.C. From left to right: Roy, myself, Lynn Osborne and Susan Talor.

RoyNationalZoo3.jpg:
    Roy was visiting the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. on June 23.

LinnaeMaiaRoy:
    Roy was with his new cousin Maia (born on June 13) at the home of his uncle Eric and Aunt Linnae in Washington, D.C on June 23.

FinnAndrewRoy: My husband Andrew was fishing with my son Roy (right) and their cousin Finn at Hull's Christmas tree farm on July 2 (Family Reunion).
    My husband Andrew was fishing with our son Roy (right) and their cousin Finn at Hull's Christmas tree farm on July 2 (Family Reunion).

SolomanFinnRoy:
    Roy and his cousins (Soloman and Finn) were playing at Hull's Christmas tree farm on July 2 (Family Reunion).

PianoRoyMsSalley:
    Roy was taking his piano lesson on July 2. His piano teacher Miss Salley was on the left.

RoyKindergartenBeijing.jpg:
    In Beijing, we stayed at the apartment of Retired Professor Mei who resides in the USA. The apartment is near this kindergarten.

RoyMonckyBar.jpg:
    Roy was at the nearby free exercise area in Beijing.

RoyScooter.jpg:
    The apartment we stayed is on campus at Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications. Roy loved riding his scooter on campus.

ZhuRoyWaWaMeiHome.jpg:
    Ms. Zhu and WaWa visted us at Prof. Mei's apartment in Beijing on July 8.

RoyCatherine.JPG: RoyYouyu.JPG:
    On July 9, Roy and I visited Catherine's home in Beijing. Catherine coordinates for language and culture exchange, and homestay programs.

RoyHelmet.jpg:
    Roy liked to sit in the middle part of the bus in Beijing. The photo was taken on July 10.

RoySwimming.jpg:
    Coach Zhang was teaching Roy swimming at XiJiao Hotel in Beijing on July 10.

RoySwimming2.jpg:
    From left to right: Ms. Zhu, Coach Zhang and Roy

RoyWawaScooter.jpg:
    Wawa and Roy were riding on their Scooters on campus at Beijing Forestry University.

RoyHeavenHome.jpg:
    We visited Roy's friend Heaven whose home is in FengTai District in Beijing on July 6. From left to right: Heaven's Mom Ms. Du, Heaven, Heaven's Uncle Mr. Chang and Roy.

HeavenRoyDu:
    Roy's friend Heaven, Heaen's mother Ms. Du, and Roy were at a restaurant in FengTai District in Beijing on July 6.

RoyLiMingRan.jpg:
    Roy was with his last summer's YuLong kendergarden classmate, Li MingRan.

JoyceOjasviRoy:
    Roy went to his Indian friend Ojasvi's home to practice piano on July 11. The piano teacher Joyce was on the left.

RoyDuckPenny.jpg:
    Roy, Roy's last summer's YuLong Kindergarten classmate Duck and Duck's sister Penny.

RoyOjasvi: Roy and his Indian friend Ojasvi at Ojasvi's home in Beijing on July 18.
    Roy and Ojasvi at Ojasvi's home in Beijing on July 19.

ZhouWeiHengRoy.jpg:
    Roy was playing with his last summer's YuLong Kindergarten classmate Zhou Wei Heng, Zhou Wei Heng's cousin Zhang Heng, and Roy's friend Heaven.

RoyGreatwall.jpg:
    RoyGreatwall2.jpg:
    Roy lost his upper tooth in Beijing. The above two photos were taken at the Great Wall on July 21.

YouZhengYangRoy.jpg:
    My nephew You ZhengYang and my son Roy on July 22.

RoyYiHome.jpg:
    Dinner at my brother's home on July 23. From left to right: my father, Roy, my brother You Yi, my niece JingYa and my sister in law XiaoFan.

RoyYouYi.jpg:
    My brother You Yi and Roy were playing Chinese Chess at his home in Songjiang District of Shanghai.

YouyuBaBa.jpg:
    With my father.

YeYeRoy.jpg:
    My father and Roy were outside of my brother You Yi's home.

RoyYongFamily.jpg:
    From left to right: My nephew You ZhengYang, my sister in law Chen Mei, Roy and my brother You Yong.

RoyYiYiShanghaiSubway.jpg:
    Roy and YiYi were at a Shanghai Subway Station.

YiYiRoyChenChen:
    Chen YiLin(YiYi-Roy's step cousin), Roy and ChenChen (Zhu Mei's nephew) were at my friend Zhu Mei's home on July 26.

RoyYiYiChenChenZhuMeiXiao.jpg:
    Dinner at my friend Zhu Mei's home. From left to right: Roy, ChenChen, Zhu Mei, Zhu Mei's husband Mr. Xiao and YiYi. Mr. Xiao and Zhu Mei are both English teachers.

RoyOrientalPearl.jpg: ,
    We visited the Oriental Pearl tower which is the tallest in Asia and the 3rd of the tallest in the world.

RoyYiYiTelescope.jpg:
    Inside the Shanghai Oriental Pearl Tower.

RoyYiYiZuiBaichiGate.jpg:
    On July 28, Roy and YiYi were at the gate of the Songjiang ZuiBaiChi Park which was built more than 400 years ago.

YiYiYouyuRoy:
    Roy, YiYi and I were boating at the Songjiang ZuiBaiChi Park in Shanghai on July 28.

RoyYiYiZuiBaiChi:
    Roy and YiYi were at the Songjiang ZuiBaiChi park in Shanghai on July 28.

RoyYiYiZhuMei:
    Zhu Mei, YiYi and Roy were at the Songjiang ZuiBaiChi park in Shanghai on July 28.

RoyYiYiMcDonalds:
    Roy and his step cousin YiYi were at the Songjiang McDonalds in Shanghai on July 28.

ZhuMeiYuyu: My middle school friend Zhu Mei and I went to the Songjiang ZuiBaiChi park in Shanghai.  It has been 20 years since I last saw her on her wedding in 1985.
    My middle school friend Zhu Mei and I were at the Songjiang SiXian park in Shanghai on July 28. It has been 20 years since I last saw her on her wedding in 1985.

RoySiXianPark.jpg:
    Roy was in the rain at Songjiang Si Xian Park in Shanghai on July 28. The area was in the new University city which was developed just recently.

RoyYiYiSiXianPark:
    RoyYiYiSiXianPark2:
    Roy and YiYi were playing at Songjiang Si Xian Park in Shanghai on July 28.

ZhuMeiYiYiRoySiXianPark:
    Roy, YiYi and Zhu Mei were at Songjiang Si Xian Park in Shanghai on July 28.

ChenMeiYiYiYouYi:
    On July 28, my sister in law Chen Mei, You Zheng Yang, YiYi, You Yi and Roy were at our Songjiang Hotel room in Shanghai. Roy was playing Chinese 5 piece chess with my brother You Yi. My nephew You Zheng Yang was only 18 months old and he could climb up to the bed very easily.

RoyWaziLong.jpg:
    Roy was outside of the Songjiang Hotel in Shanghai. We stayed in Sonjiang Hotel between July 22 and Aug. 1.

ShanghaiBreakfast.jpg:
    Breakfast Buffet at Songjiang Hotel had many choises.

YiYiRoyLobby.jpg:
    YiYi and Roy were in the lobby of Songjiang Hotel in Shanghai.

ZhengYangRoyJingYa.jpg:
    Roy is with his cousins, You ZhengYang and You JingYa.

Roy3Dmovie.jpg:
    On July 29, we visited the Science Museum in Shanghai. We went to the 3D movie, "Cyber World" which included characters "the Simpsons."

YiYiRoyCenturySquare.jpg:
    At the Century Square in Shanghai on July 29.

RoyShanghai.jpg:
    Roy was outside of the Shanghai Science Museum.

YiYiRoyScienceMuseum.jpg:
    At Shanghai Science Museum.

RoyChemsitryLab3.jpg:
    Roy (on the right) was ready to participate in an experiment at the Kids' Chemistry laboratory at the Shanghai Science Museum on July 29.

RoyChemistryLab11.jpg:
    Roy was holding the product (on the filter paper) which he made in the Chemistry laboratory at the Shanghai Science Museum on July 29.

YouyuMomDadRoy.jpg:
    Roy and I were with my Mom and Dad.

RoyWorldPark.jpg:
    We visited the World Park in Beijing on August 3.

RoyHeavenWorldPark.jpg:
    At the World Park in Beijing on August 3: Roy was showing a magic trick. The boy, MaoMao, on the left was from WuLuMuQi in XingJiang Province.

RoyLiuSoccer.jpg:
    Roy was playing soccer with Xiao Liu, Chaiman of the student union of Beijing Forestry University.

RoyTaoTao.jpg:
    Roy and TaoTao were at the swimming pool of XiJiao Hotel in Beijing.

Comment On This Page

This Page was last update: Thursday, September 8, 2005 at 12:01:01 PM
This page was originally posted: 9/13/00; 2:58:25 PM.
Copyright 2018 Dr. Youyu Phillips

This site is using the Bulletin Board 1.0 theme.

This is a Manila Site